So this year I made some BIG goals. Usually I slack off and never really get past January. This year has been different! I needed something to take my mind off the horrible issues of 2009, and do something to help me to heal. Well my goals are:
#1: No more soda
#2 Run the Disney half marathon
So the past 8 weeks Andrea, Jenny, and I started our training to get us ready for September (The Disney Half Marathon) I never realized that I could be so dedicated to something I haven't really done since College. But, I run/walk 4 miles 6 days a week and take Sunday off for my body to rest. It has been an amazing experience and I crave my morning workout. Pushing a 60+ pound double jogger and running is tough work, but each day I get out there and push myself a little more. It is amazing the road blocks you can put up for yourself. I NEVER thought I could be a runner, but I love it! I have major knee issues, but since I have started my training my knee has done great.
I have found more friends in our ward that love running too, and our conversions keep coming back to it, how running is so addicting.
Well in the past 8 weeks I have made some MAJOR SIDE GOALS to add:
#2a. Run the Del Mar 10K in preparation for Half Marathon. May will be my half way mark to the half marathon and what not a better way to prepare right?
#2b. Do the Riverside Tin Man Triathlon (75 meter swim, 5K run, and a 10 mile bike ride)
So there you go Blogging World...My new additions to my year! I will keep you update on my progress, and the joy in the journey. As of right now pushing a jogger: I'm at 11:30 min mile. My goal is to get to a 10 min mile.
P.s. My most fablous news is that since Krislynn was born I have lost 53 pounds! PARTY!!!





10 comments:
you're my hero!!
That is AMAZING!! Good for you!! I was just going to share my tid bit of knowledge with you :) I found a website that actually gave me a training routine for the Lake arrowhead triathlon that I did 2 years ago!! I wish that I still lived there because I would so be out there doing all that with you!! Until I return though, I will just go to the gym!! But seriously, that is SO great and I'm really excited for you!!
Oh Katrina that is seriously so awesome!! I am so proud of you. How many times have I told you that running is addicting and becomes a much needed thing in one's life. I am so happy that you have found the joy as well:) Goodluck in all your runs coming up!
WOW! That is awesome Katrina!! I am not surprised the pounds are falling off you!! Good for you! The Disney marathon should be fun! Brandon wanted to do it last year, but it was on a Sunday so he opted not to. Sounds like you will be totally prepared though! Stay motivated girl!!
Good Job Katrina!! I got really into running last year and ran a few 5k's! I really want to do a 1/2 marathon too one of these days! I can totally see how running becomes addicting. I was never a lover of running but when I put my mind to it I began to enjoy it and crave the run just like you!! Good luck with all of your goals!!!
You are so AWESOME!!!! I am really proud of you. Thanks for being a great example to me and for motivating me to get out there with you girls. I would not be able to keep going if I couldn't see my friends up ahead encouraging me to keep pushing. THANKS!!!
That's so freakin' awesome! I just posted about a half marathon I'm hoping to do in June up here in Nor Cal. I wish you luck, keep posting on your progress! :)
PS-congrats on the weight loss, that's great!
Yeah Katrina!! I love running and the "high" that comes from setting a goal and accomplishing it! You are going to do great!!
Great job!!! I LOVE running! I wish we closer we could run together. Running does help the healing heart. I run every afternoon, I have a hard time with the morning thing.
Keep up the good work... :D
You are seriously doing awesome!! I am so proud of you and your efforts! I can't believe you have lost that much since you had her. That is incredible!!
Post a Comment