Saturday, July 2, 2011

Our Garden

Ever since I was little I have always wanted a garden, but growing up in the mountains where the wind blows all summer long, and it doesn't get that hot makes gardening kinda impossible. I can remember Amanda Fenn always coming home from her grandparents house in Az, and telling me about all the wonderful things they got to eat out of the garden while they were visiting, and always hoping they brought some home to share with me. Or when Grandma and Grandpa Fenn would come and visit and they would bring over their watermelon.. I can still taste the juiciness of those melons. YUMMY! So after moving here I decided I wanted to have a garden. I decided this was the year, and not really knowing anything about gardening I planted my crop, and hoped we would get at least something to harvest to show the girls. Well the first harvest came and the girls were so excited. The girls want to pick everything now, but I explain each time we water the different veggies are not ready to be picked yet, but once they are they can help me harvest them. The picture of the garden was taken about 2 weeks ago, and everything is in bloom now. So hopefully this month we will get a good pickling. Our backyard is all weeds except the back corner where the garden is, maybe by next summer we can get the backyard finished since the front yard is almost complete.



No comments: