Saturday, July 2, 2011

Super Funny Superhero Daddy Story



Okay.. this post is kinda random, and David will probably think I'm silly for posting this, but I want to remember this Father's Day. The girls and I went to Walmart to pick up some things, and we were passing through the Men's clothing section. (Lizzie is obsessed with boy underwear, and she would prefer to wear since it has cooler pictures on them) Well she spotted Men's Superman undies. She hopped out of the cart and ran to them, and wouldn't put them down. She wanted to get them for David so badly. Well I tried everything for her to put them down, but she wouldn't. So I put her in the cart and told her she could hold them. She was the happiest little girl showing anyone and everyone this pair of underwear, and explaining to everyone how she was going to get them for her dad for Father's Day. I quickly finished my shopping and headed back to the underwear section to see how much they were since Lizzie had her heart set on them for David. They were $8.00 for ONE PAIR!!!! There was no way I was going to spend that much money on one pair of underwear. I tired everything to get Lizzie to put them down. I looked for a cheaper pair, but NOTHING was working.
Then my light bulb went off! My Ah-Ha moment as Oprah calls it. Freezer paper stencils and then David could have multiple pairs of SUPER HERO undies. I explained my idea to Lizzie and told her she could help make lots of SUPER HERO undies for Daddy. She was super excited, and she finally put the Super undies down. I walked out of Wal-mart with 5 pairs of undies for $9.00.. Way better deal!!! So the freezer paper stencils started, and here we are with the SUPER HERO DADDY PACK "For all your crime fighting needs!"
Lizzie and I finished the undies a week or so before Father's Day, and Lizzie was super excited about giving them to David. She kept telling me Daddy needed more Batman undies, but I explained he needed different kinds for all his crime fighting needs. Father's Day was FINALLY here and Lizzie was so excited to give David her gift. David loved them, what dad wouldn't RIGHT? Hooray for crazy ideas put to good use!

No comments: