Saturday, July 26, 2008

Here's to you President Hinckley...


David and I have been teaching dance steps to the Beehives and the Deacons from our church for the past 6 months. It has been a LONG road, but the end result turned out really well. There were over 2,700 youth from 12 stakes that performed in the Dance Festival this year. There were multiple dance number performed by the youth ranging from the waltz to the cha-cha. The youth of the Church really practiced hard the past 6 months even with the ups and downs that were presented they did a FABULOUS JOB! Even though I gripped and complained about all day Saturday practices and multiple hours of standing out in the heat I'm glad I was able to help the youth accomplish such a large production. The best part of the show was right before the show was about to start on Friday night some of the leaders from the Jurpua Stake needed a dancer to fill in since one of their youth quit at the last moment. I was able to DANCE BOTH NIGHTS!!! A lot of the youth thought I was 13 years old, and they found it crazy that I was a leader, married, and had a baby, but the dance square was complete and that's all that matters.

Thanks to all my girls and MANDI who put so many hours into this! You were fabulous!! Thanks guys for working so hard!!

Kristina and Sister Dibb (President Monson's Daughter) She was the speaker for the Saturday night performance

Sister Dibb, Brother Nelson, and David's Deacons

The opening number

The Priest and Laurel Dance The long awaited pictures of me dancing ...
Do I really look like a thirteen year old?
David's Deacon performing "Getcha Head in the Game" from Disney's High School Musical

Sophia (in the blue) was my dance partner for the Beehive dance. Thanks Sophia for letting me be your partner!
Mission Branch Dance

Our friend Ernest singing in the Dance Festival Choir


Jay-Jay Lisonbee for the closing number


What a great way to end the performance!!!



Our cousin Elder Parker is serving in the San Bernardino Mission, and he was able to help with Dance Festival. We got to hang out with him for a little bit before the performance started. He is such an amazing missionary!
Elder Parker and his companion running off the field after the closing number


3 comments:

Bekah Parker said...

What a cute missionary! I can't wait to see him. You lucky dog that you get to keep seeing him.

Looks like the dance festival was a success! How fun!

Anne Marie said...

It turned out so good. You and David did a great job with the dance groups. I know it was long and hard, but you did great! I don't think you look 13, but definitely young. It will be good for you to look like your 20 when you're 35!!!

Marla said...

You did great out there Katrina, we were so proud of our little Beehive!