




Since our alarm clock (Lizzie) kept waking us up so early we decided to take a early morning walk, and we ended up at the International Market Place. It is a fun place to shop. Kinda expensive... well more expensive than the Swap meet. 

TuesdayWe took another morning walk this time with the Jolley's. Then we headed to the Aquarium. It is not one of the biggest aquariums, but we really liked it. We saw a lot of cool things plus it was air conditioned. Here are some of the pictures of Lizzie from the photo shoot. Here are some of my favorite...











After Pearl Harbor we went to the Aloha Stadium Swap meet and picked up some souvenirs. It is another hot spot to hit while you are in Hawaii. Cheaper souvenirs but not always the greatest quality. It is a fun place to shop!
Then we headed to Hanauma Bay and did some more snorkeling. The water the perfect. We saw a lot of cool looking fish, and the girls got to play in the sand but the HIGHLIGHT of the trip was the SEA TURTLES. Jay and I were out snorkeling and we saw a sea turtle with our very OWN eyes. Jay even went down and swam with it. We were really far out so I just stuck my head under the water and watched as they swam together.



THURSDAY
One of my FAVORITE DAYS while in Hawaii. David and I got to attend the temple in Laie and do a session. Thanks to Mandi and Turi for watching Lizzie so we could experience that. You guys are the best!!! The Temple is so beautiful I wish I could go to that temple everyday.
Then we went to the PCC (another hot spot but more expensive) we only got to experience a couple of the islands while we were there, but David threw the spear in the ring and won a weaved fish hat, and then he performed in the Tongan Drum Show and got another hat. Jay and David had fun banging on the drums. I think they are naturals. We even learned how to throw fish nets like they do in Hawaii. We had a great time. Thanks to Turi's dad we got in for free!











FRIDAY
Our Last Full day on the Island. It was sad to see our vacation coming to an end, but it was time to go home. We stopped by The Dole Plantation and had some yummy pineapple ice cream and cinnamon roasted macadamia nuts.
Then we headed back to the North Shore to end our fun vacation with a little snorkeling at Sharks Cove. We saw some pretty cool fish, Lizzie really liked this area since it was REALLY rocky and she loved to eat the rocks. SUPER SCARY!!! 
We were going to go to Waimea Bay to end the day, but Lizzie and Irelynn were pooped. This is Lizzie after a long day, and she was sure happy to be in bed!!!
SATURDAY
We finished packing and enjoyed one last meal at Denny's. Lizzie loved all the waitresses they would always come up and play with her. She has a new love.. PANCAKES... She thinks they are intresting to the touch, but yummy to the taste.
So now I'm inform you about the WORST part of our trip. When we got on the runway and Lizzie had a real bad diaper so we changed it right as we were getting on the plane, and to our surprise the flight was full. There was not one EMPTY SEAT. You will NEVER guess where my seat was? As I was walking toward our seats I noticed ONE empty seat in between 2 people. Okay I can Deal with that with Lizzie... but the story gets better the two people I was sitting between was a HUGE fat man and a large lady. So I had a 1/2 seat for a 5 hour plane ride with a 9 month old that can't sit still for longer than 2.3 seconds. Let me just tell you it was the flight from HELL! The man was so large that when he got up to use the restroom my leg was covered in his sweat. So I put down the arm rest and it took him 4 different tries to get his fat butt in the seat. Next time he flies he should buy two tickets not just one! When I got off that flight my legs were numb, and I could barely walk. Thank goodness I will not be flying for a while.





3 comments:
Man I miss Hawaii!!!!!! Thanks for bringing back all the memories!
WOW! What an adventure! Your pictures of Hawaii are so vivid. Beautiful!
So funny about your flight home, well not funny. I can imagine how horrible that was. The sweat on your leg, GROSS!
Glad you are back safe and sound.
Looks like a lot of fun. I hope to go some day. About the return flight, Ivan had a similar experience. On our flight to London last year, Ivan sat next to a fat guy. Ivan was nice and let me sit by the window. Just like you he only had half a seat. From here to London was about 9 hours. The only thing that saved us was when the guy would get up and stand for an hour at a time. Same thing with the sweat thing. Eewww! We feel for you gal!
Post a Comment