Today was a special day! David and I went with the youth of our ward to do Baptisms for the Dead. Our ward summited all the names which was extra special, but the HIGHLIGHT of the trip was David and I started my parents work. My friend Bethany was baptized for my mom (since I'm SUPER pregnant) and David was baptized for my dad. There was such an amazing feeling there, I'm so glad that I have FINALLY started my personal family genealogy. I can't wait to go back and finish their work so we can be sealed as a family for time and all eternity. Even though I didn't know my parents very well I know that I'm completing a special task that my Heavenly Father has blessed with with. I'm so grateful we have a temple so close and we can visit it often!
Also our Stake President has asked us to start working on our family genealogy with New Family Search. If you haven't started you should! It is so simple to use and David and I were able to do some work for our ancestors too while we were at the temple. Once you start you won't want to stop! Thanks President Steadman for lighting the fire and getting us to work!!! I know our ancestors will be so pleased with us!





2 comments:
Katrina! Thanks for setting the example for the rest of us...the temple is such an amazing place. I hope your family work grows and grows and grows! Thanks for sharing this with us!
That's so cool that you were able to start your parent's work. What a special time!
Post a Comment