Let me just start off this post by saying I have a GREAT friend named Sasha that loves me so much! At Christmas time Sasha and her family brought me over Homemade Tamales when I wasn't feeling so good. They were so yummy! The other day we got talking, and I asked if she would teach me how to make tamales since I just LOVE them. She agreed and we made a date! I learned everything I will ever have to know about tamales, and the best part... eating them! So tamales take a LONG time to make, but they are so worth it. We ended up with 6 huge gallon sized zip lock baggies of pork, and 2 bags of green chile's and cheese. Thank goodness Sasha's sister was there to help or we would have been rolling tamales all day, plus she always remind me when I was rolling the tamales backwards. I bet you are guessing what these pictures are of? RIGHT? Well Lizzie and Sammy the other naked kid in the picture decided they were going to go and play in the bathroom (the toilet) Sasha and I thought the kids were in the living room playing since their voices sounded so close...
WE WERE SO WRONG!
Sasha had a feeling that the kids were getting into the trouble and they were all right. The floor was covered in toilet water and they were both soaked. So here is a picture of them getting ready to get a quick bath in the sink. (Lizzie loves to eat her bath time lotion, so here she is eating liquid soap) The kids couldn't have been happier... They were so proud of their mess!
Later that day as we were finishing up Sasha made the kids lunch. Here is Sammy feeding Lizzie grapes. Aren't they the cutest? They are such great little buddies!





2 comments:
What a fun time. I've never had a tamale. Am I missing out? I guess I'm not cultured!
Mmmmm Tamales. If you ever want to practice making them I volunteer as a taste tester... I guess I could help make them too :)
Post a Comment