Monday, June 1, 2009

Our Trip to Lemoore,CA

Last weekend we decided that is was FINALLY time to visit The Evans Family in Lemoore, CA. So I called up my great friend Amy, and told her we were coming to visit. We had a great visit with them and the girls had a great time playing with one another. I didn't get any pictures of the girls, but I did get some of our hot date in Fresno!!! Jason's parents were kind enough to watch the girls for us and we were able to have some ALONE time! We drove to Fresno and ate at an Italian Restaurant that looked and made us feel like we were in Vegas. The bathrooms had mirrored walls and dimmed lighting the only thing you needed was a bed and you were set! Then we drove over to visit the Fresno Temple, and for dessert we headed to the Cheesecake Factory, and oh was it good!!! Thanks Jason,Amy, Michelle, and Chloe for the great weekend!

David and I enjoying the ride to Fresno

The Italian Restaurant

David, Jason, Amy, and Me at the Fresno Temple

Our model shot!
P.s. Well we can't blog without talking about Busy Lizzie right? Well as you know we have been working on getting her to sleep in her BIG Girl Bed, and she has been doing great. Well with the trip I didn't know how she would do. She got to sleep in a toddler bed so I thought what the heck... this will totally work out! RIGHT????
WRONG!!!
The 1st night she fell asleep within 10 mins and I thought man she is loving not being in a crib. David and I didn't go to bed till around 2 AM since we were visiting and playing Rock Band. When I walked into the room that we were staying in I noticed Lizzie's legs were hanging off the bed, and if she moved again she would fall out of bed. So the SMART mom I am I got out of bed and lightly lifted her legs back into bed. Lizzie FREAKED OUT and was WIDE AWAKE!!!! You have to remember it is 2 am and I still haven't gotten any sleep. David and I switch taking turns with her, and trying to get her back asleep. After 2 hours and no luck I went out on the couch to get some sleep, and David can sleep though anything.. so she played all night long. Finally around 7 am I went into the room to find it a DISASTER!!! Lizzie had emptied out our suitcase and all the toys from the girls shelving unit. The floor was covered; you could barely open the door wide enough to get in. Lizzie was so proud of her accomplishment, but all weekend I was looking for different things Lizzie had hid throughout the room that I needed from our suitcase. David went and played basketball and he for sure thought Lizzie would have crashed by the time he got back. Yeah right! We went swimming and enjoyed the day. She did really well but I think the swimming finally got to her, and when she hit the car seat she was OUT!

3 comments:

The Special Reds said...

Oh man! She was probably a little scared by the new bed/room to sleep in. I'm sure she'll get back in the swing of things again. And geez, you guys are ALWAYS going somewhere. Do you ever slow down? Our life is SOOO boring compared to yours. Missed seeing you on Sunday! I got a new calling...you'll find out this Sunday!

Bekah Parker said...

What a fun trip!! You look really pretty!

Anonymous said...

My grandparents live in Hanford (kind of in that area.) And my grandpa is a sealer in the Fresno temple.