Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's Christmas at The Parkers!!!!

Today was one of those days where you are trying to be so patient and waiting for the moment to be totally surprised with what Santa brought you this year. Since you were so GOOD, and you knew it would be something fantastic. Last night I couldn't sleep I kept imagining how the house would look like with BEAUTIFUL screens on EVERY window and how we could open up the house at night, and not be afraid that strange bugs would enter our home uninvited. I only got a couple hours of sleep, but when my alarm went off this morning I was so pumped. I hurry and got breakfast and in the shower I go. The clock strikes 9 and no screen man... I pace back and forth in front of the peephole checking every couple of seconds to see if he is here yet. I get butterflies when I see the screen van pull in front of my house. He is REALLY here!!! I try not to open the door to quickly and scare the man to death, but I have been waiting for this day... we will have been in our house a year the 21st of June and the day is FINALLY here! After an hour of peeking out the windows and admiring the beautiful mesh he is done! Off he drives and I stand inside the house doing the happy dance, since being a good girl really does bring Santa (the screen man) to your house!

Suntex screens on the back of the house-not quite finished

BEAUTIFUL screens on the rest of the house!

2 comments:

katie said...

I am slightly jealous, our landlord does not believe in screens. Congrats on such a wonderful thing!

The Special Reds said...

VERY NICE! They look great. Isn't it funny the things we really want now that we're homeowners?