Thursday, October 21, 2010

Who You Are

Have you had one of those days where everything just seems to be going wrong? The kids are driving you nuts, you feel horrible, and you just feel like "Am I right for this job?" Well I have had quite a few days like that lately, but today as we were driving to the library I turned on the radio and to my dismay this is what I found. Sunday was one of those days, and when I got stressed out of my mind I just need some good church music to calm my soul. Well on Sunday I put in the Hilary Weeks "The Collection" and lo and behold it was still in. So I turned it up and drove, but to my dismay this is the song that was on, and I wanted to share it with you. I know I'm not the only Mom out there that struggles with my routine each day, but I hope if you are one of those Mom's this will help you too. Take a Mommy Timeout go find this song on YouTube or Itunes and take a listen. Half way to the library I was in tears and remembering what I do is the most important job in the World, and how proud my Father is in me.



Hilary Weeks "Who You Are"


I know you wonder if you'll ever have a day
When the kids stay calm, the laundry's done, and the dishes are put away
And sometimes you feel like your days are spent and gone
And the question running through your mind is what have I gotten done?
And when you finally have a moment to slow down
At the end of your day
I know Father would say


Believe in what you're doing
Believe in who you are
Hold tight that you're a daughter of God
Believe in who you're becoming
Believe in who you are


It may seem simple-all the little things you do
But the lives you touch matter so much
And there's no one else like you
And Father needs you to stand tall and faithful
To be all you can be
Oh, if you could see what He sees, you'd


Believe in what you're doing
Believe in who you are
Hold tight that you're a daughter of God
Believe in who you're becoming
Believe in who you are


When it's hard to believe in yourself
And you feel like you're beginning to doubt
Remember


He believes in what you're doing
He believes in who you are
Don't lose sight of the truth that you're a daughter of God
That he believes in who you're becoming
He believes in who you are


1 comment:

The Special Reds said...

I'm going to listen to this right now. I know exactly what you mean about "those days." But just so you know, I think you are a GREAT mom and a good example to everyone! You do all these fun crafts and take your kids to the library and fun outings. I look up to you! You're awesome!