Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Lizzie's 1st!!!!
The Patterson were here to visit and Little Randy and Lizzie were playing with the weights we have in the living room (since Mom and Dad pump iron 24/7) I hear screaming coming from the living room and in walks Lizzie with a middle finger turning black and blue super fast and starting to puff up. Little Randy hides and Lizzie continues to scream. We finally get it out of her that she dropped a 3 pound weight on her finger. We ice it, and hope the nail doesn't fall off. The next couple of days her finger turns black and blue, but she can bend her finger (Mommy thinks no worries it was just smashed pretty hard) Now a flash forward to today... I take Krislynn in for a baby well check up and shots and mention to Dr. Shah of what Lizzie has done to her finger. He is concerned since the swelling never went down, and puts in an order to get an x ray. By this point this was my 3rd trip to Kaiser today. Thank goodness I stayed at Oma and Papa's house all day. I take Lizzie in and inform her of what will happen. She thinks she is going in for shots and doesn't want the lady to x ray her hand. I let her know that Daddy will think she is amazing since she will be the 1st hand model in our family, and then bribe her with candy. It works!!! we get the shots and Lizzie gets her candy, everyone is happy! I write Dr. Shah an email saying we went in to have an x ray, and to let me know if her finger is okay. This is the picture I get back. Lizzie has broken the tip of her middle finger on her right hand. Now we get to go back to Kaiser tomorrow, get a splint, and get a referral for ortho. Hooray!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
O MY! I'm so sorry, but that made me laugh!! I could just hear you tell me that story! Too funny... I hope she feels better soon! <3
Poor thing! But I can't help but notice she is flipping off the x-ray. I'm so immature, I know.
So sad!!! Poor little Lizzie.
Poor Lizzie! At least it was just a little bone broken!
Post a Comment