Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Peter Gambling Parker

Today, Peter Gambling Parker was suppose to join our family, but instead Heavenly Father had a different plan for him. It has been 5 months since we lost our precious baby boy, and I can tell you that as each day passes I feel his little spirit whispering to me that all is well, and we will be together again. These tender moments have really helped me heal and face the daily challenges that come my way. I'm grateful for a loving Savior who knows when I need him to carry me since I think I can go no father, but we are given trials in our lives to help make us stronger. There are moments when I think, "how can this make me stronger?" and at those moments I take a couple minutes for myself and I know that everything will be fine, and I'm just getting fine tuned for more experiences to come. If you lose a baby to a miscarriage your heart will reach out to those other mothers that have gone through or will soon go though this. I can tell you ever since we have lost Peter, and when you find out another friends, family members, or strangers you meet on the street just lost their baby YOUR story will come to the surface and all those emotions will flood you again. Most times it helps with giving that friend the right words and comfort. You have been in her shoes and you know what to expect. I'm grateful for the friends that reached out to me after our loss. They had the right words, and sometimes it was just a smile or hug that made the day go by just a little bit easier. It is never easy to lose a baby, but I know someday I will get to be with Peter again, and the joy of our reunion will be blissful. I'm grateful that I was able to give him the precious gift of birth. He will always have that special place in my heart, and that we can be together forever.

No comments: