Monday, February 11, 2008

Love Story


Where did you meet your husband?
We met at Chelsea Green’s house before going to the YSA New Year’s Eve Dance in 2002. I was seeing someone else at that time, but I thought he was cute. Ryan Nichols (David’s best friend) and David just got new Volcom Jeans, and that is all they could talk about… He gave me my 1st New Year’s Eve kiss of the night (It was on the cheek…)

What was the first thing he said to you?
"Katrina check out my Volcom Jeans… Aren’t they great? Look at all the pockets!” It was cute… He just loves his jeans

When was your first date?
I heart-attacked his house and asked him out for a Valentine’s Day Extravaganza. I told him to dress to impress… Oh he looked so hot that night. Susie Chatham helped him pick out a new shirt for that night, and helped him pick out flowers (Thanks Susie!!!) I had 2 bags one that had different slips of paper that said, appetizer, soup or salad, main dish, and Dessert & in the other bag I had David write down his favorite restaurants (Papa John’s, In-N-Out, TGI Fridays, Panda Express) Then when we got in the car he pick a paper from each bag and then drove to the designated destination. We first went to In-N-Out and had dessert (as you know shakes are the closest to dessert that they have.) Then we drove to Panda Express and had the main dish of Orange Chicken half fried rice and chow mein. Then we drove to TGI Fridays and had soup, by then we were so full so we skipped out on the appetizer at Papa John’s. We returned to David’s house and went hot tubing, and then we went over to Ryan Nichols house and watched Sweet Home Alabama and fell asleep. We all woke up at 3 am (you need to know that I lived an hour away from David) it was late so I spent the night at David’s house on our first date… Who can say that?

When was your first kiss?
Well our first kiss was in David’s hot tub on our 1st date on Valentine’s Day 2003. I wanted to kiss him so bad. I was throwing out all the right signals that I wanted him to kiss me, but it wasn’t working… I was getting impatient so I just went for it, and kissed him on the forehead and then he FINALLY kissed me. If you ask David about this he would tell you that he was making me wait so I would want it more, and that I wasn’t the first one to go in for a kiss since I kissed him on the forehead.

Long/Short Courtship/Engagement?
Okay if you count before he went on his mission (1 year) waited 2 years (mission) and then we were engaged 5 months after he got home. I think that is a pretty long courtship. We had our ups and downs, but we sure did have a lot of fun. David and I had talked about getting married before he left on his mission, and when we would like to get married when he returned home. After he returned home from his mission we dated, and got to get to know each other again face-to-face after 2 whole long years. David and I were driving down to Temecula to pick up a picture at the Ensign Bookstore that my mom had bought for me for my birthday. After picking up the picture David drove me down to Oceanside (one of our favorite beaches) to stroll down the beach and talk about life. (The whole time I’m thinking he was going to propose the next day in Palm Springs) After walking up and down the pier we sat on the beach and watched the waves crash on the beach, David became really quiet all of a sudden. I got cold (what is new?) and we proceeded to the car where I got my jacket. It is one of our favorite things to walk out on the jetti so we started walking out on it; the sun had set and the rocks were wet. After we got out all most to the end of the Jetti David whispered sweet nothings in my ear, and then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I stood there in total shock the only thing I could do is cry and laugh… (I know I’m so lame!) After a minute David asked me again since I gave him no response. I said yes of course! Then we called David’s parents in Florida and my parents to tell them the good news. We were engaged a little over 4 months… the LONGEST 4 months of my life

When did you get Married?
We were sealed in the Redlands California Temple on October 13, 2005! Greatest day Friday the 13th! Then we had our reception the following day in Redlands at the Asbury’s home. Their backyard had a beautiful view of Redlands and the whole Inland Empire.

Where did you honeymoon?
David’s parents let us use one of their weeks with their Marriott Timeshare. We went to Mazatlan, Mexico for a week. It was amazing. If you want to go somewhere tropical, and you don’t have much cash in your pocket totally go to Mazatlan. We had such a great time and ate such yummy food!


The people that are tagged are the people who read this... Unless you are sick of being tagged... Just post a picture of you and your Honey! I'll be looking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

classic picture. cute story!