Thursday, November 20, 2008

AOTW #4 OMA CAME TO TOWN!!!



Well we were planning on going up to Oak Glen and making cider.. but that AOTW will have to wait. Friday was just so hectic. I had to get ready for an Uppercase Living party, and I had to prep. for Craft Night. So instead we did AOTW a little different last week. Oma came to visit!!!!

We love it when Oma comes to play, but the best part was that we were having a SLEEPOVER!!! I don't know about you, but I LOVE my mother-in-law! She is the greatest woman on Earth besides my mom of course. I always knew that I wanted in laws that I would get along with... I have seen too MANY fights caused by people who despise their in laws. So as I was looking for a husband I checked out the parents as well, and let me just tell you I have the BEST.... I mean the GREATEST... FANTASTIC...MARVELOUS... FABULOUS...EXCELLENT.... in laws!!! If you know them you know what I'm talking about. Everyone from Timbuktu to outer space knows the Parkers. They just knock my socks off!!! Well going back to Marsha... She just has such a great spirit about her, and she is always willing to help no matter what! This lady can through together a casserole in no time with ONLY a couple ingredients WOW! She can garden like no body's business.. and she has the greenest thumb! She can make Lizzie laugh with just giving her a look! She is a sewing phenomenon! She is the best nurse a daughter-in-law could as for! She would stay up all night with Lizzie when I just needed a couple hours of sleep! If you didn't know Marsha is AMAZING!!!


Well to go back to AOTW.. Marsha came out to have a sleepover since David had a camp out with the scouts, and we could have a girls night. So we headed into Hemet in search of a place to tickle our fancy... and we ended up at SONIC. Lizzie loved the tater tots, and standing in the driver's seat while we ate. We had a great time with all the high school kids! Then we let luck take its toil and ended up at Wal-Mart. I have been wanting some curtains for my house and hoping for a good buy. We found some I really liked, but they were 10 inches TOO short, so Marsha wiped out a piece of paper and was figuring out how we could make the curtains work by adding a little here and a little there. SHE BOGGLES my mind with how she can just make something work even though it doesn't work just like you want it to. Well we left Wal-mart with no curtains, but we had a great time plus she even got a little Christmas shopping done with my help (I'm her lil elf) SHHH!!! Don't tell Santa!

Then we came home put Lizzie down for the night, and TALKED...and TALKED... and TALKED!!! we stayed up till 1 AM man we can talk forever!!!

Thanks OMA for the greatest OFTW!!! Sorry we have no pictures of the adventure, but we had a great time!!!

6 comments:

Costa Rica Baby! said...

Yes...you did score when it comes to in-laws!!! However I think many in-law problems have to do with the daughter in laws, so kudos to you for being a great daughter in law!

Congrats on baby #2! {Way to go Todd!}

Costa Rica Baby! said...

HOLY HANNA!!! I think I just put "way to go Todd!!!" I meant "David!!!!"

See how RUMORS start!!!

So emabarrased...

Costa Rica Baby! said...

David must really LOVE you! How did you get him to wear that?

Please tell me he doesn't have tights on...right? :)

Don't tell him, but he does look rather cute!

The Special Reds said...

Sounds like a fun adventure! I guess it will be after Thanksgiving until we can have the next one! Sad...

katie said...

Good inlaws are priceless.

Bodell Family said...

Hey, I guess it was wrong for me to say that I loved Twilight. I did like it but just like you, I LOVED LOVED LOVED the books way more! I'm sure that I'll still buy the movies but I can already say that I will NOT be going to the premiers anymore! I hated the kids talking throughout the whole thing and also, I was SO tired!! Anyways, it was fun to get out and do something like that. It made me feel young!!