Friday, March 27, 2009

The Police are at my door?


Lizzie LOVES to play with the phone and pretend to talk to Grammy, Oma, or Daddy. Well after I got off the phone with my Mom Lizzie freaked out and she wanted to talk too. So I handed her the phone and she pretended to talk. She started to press some buttons and I grabbed the phone and hung it up just in case she had really called someone.
NO BIG DEAL RIGHT?
Well probably 20 mins after Lizzie was done playing with the phone there is a LOUD banging at our door. I look out the peek hole, and notice someone is standing around the corner peeking to see if anyone answers the door. At this point I'm not going to answer the door.... who hides around the corner when they come to your house? Then Lizzie started banging on the inside of the door, and the Police Office came into view. I opened the door, and asked in wonder what he was doing there. He asked if I had called 911. HOLY CRAP!!!! Lizzie called 911... I felt really bad, and the police officer understood. Man my girl is smart!
No more playing with the phone for Lizzie!

6 comments:

Katie said...

My girls have done this a couple of times from my cell phone- but luckily the police have never showed up! yikes!

Marla said...

Parker did that at Lizzie's age but luckily they called after he hung up to make sure before they sent an officer. What are the chances of kids that small turning on the phone then entering those 3 numbers in that order?!? I know Lizzie just wanted to talk to her uncle Josh that time.

The Expatts said...

Haha! You didn't tell me about that on the phone! That is a winner of a story for sure :)

Elizabeth & Roberto said...

We let Oliver play with an old cell phone. He can do whatever he wants with it and won't call a single person!

Anne Marie said...

Us too. When Kira was this age she did the same thing. Only 911 called us back to ask if we had dialed it. The operater informed me that if it happens again, we'll be charged with a $50 fine. Needless to say, I watch like a hawk when Hailey has the phone :).

The A Team said...

hahaha
That reminds me Locke told me the story of when you went Egging in Provo...I think you had a run in with the cops too! :)
Love you girl! how are you feeling these days...
I'll be down there in a couple weeks we should hang out!