Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Slow Cooker Enchilada Casserole


You'll need:
1 large onion, chopped
24 oz or so of green enchilada sauce (verde) (I used red)
1 bag of Tyson's frozen, cooked & cubed chicken breasts (I needed to keep it simple today, that kind of Tuesday)
1 bag mexican shredded cheese
soft tortillas (corn or flour)
sour cream

On low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours cook frozen chicken, enchilada sauce & onions in your slow cooker. 2 hours before it's ready you're going to add your layers. On top of the mixture lay 4" strips of the tortillas until covered, top that with shredded cheese then more tortilla strips and one more layer of cheese. 30 min before serving add a smooth top layer of sour cream.
Cut into the layers and serve over your choice of rice. Super Yummy!

1 comment:

The Lingo Family said...

YUM YUM!!! I am so glad you posted this, I have been wanting to try enchiladas in the slow cooker.