Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Weekend with my Hubby in Vegas!

Let me just start this post off with telling all of you in the blogging world that I have the most AMAZING husband! He planned a getaway weekend for us to Vegas without any help from me. I was ONLY in charge of finding a place for Lizzie to go. I knew David would do a great job, since his surprises are always a lot of fun. We started off the weekend by dropping Lizzie off with my parents so she could spend with weekend with Gigi, Steve, the kids, and my parents. Lizzie had a great time playing with her cousins and visiting everyone up the mountain even though she was sick the whole time.
THANKS TO EVERYONE TO WATCHED OUR GIRL FOR US!

So David got us reservations at The Luxor... I have always wanted to stay there so I could ride on the inclindators (The elevators they go up the sides of the pyramid) Let me just tell you they are a lot of fun! When we checked in I asked if we could stay in a room where we would be able to ride them, she did a quick switch-a-roo in the computer and we were up on the 19th floor. It was really high! Our room overlooked the freeway and New Orleans Hotel, but it was still a pretty sight at night with all the Vegas lights going... Then we headed over to the RIO, and ate at the LARGEST BUFFET (I think in the World if I got that right?) Let me just tell you the food is AMAZING!!! There is food from every country, plus they have a Gelato bar... what more could you ask for? David and I were stuffed so we headed back to the hotel.
The next day we headed down the Strip to see what we could find. We were going to see a show, but we didn't want to stand in line for tickets so we just took in the sights. I was SUPER hungry all morning and I needed to eat but EVERY place was packed full of people and the wait was FOREVER!!!! So we ended up talking to an employee at the Paris Hotel, and they gave us directions to Ellis Island Casino and Bar. It is behind Bally's, and the prices of their food were way reasonable and you got a ton of food for the price. (A Little secret of Vegas check it out next time you are in town)
So we headed back to the Strip and ended up back in the Paris Hotel since I wanted a Peanut Crepe SUPER BAD!!! let me just tell you, they aren't as good as the one's I had in Paris, France, but they are the best I have found in the States! (*Another hint: Next time you are in the Paris Hotel go into the bathroom! Trust me you won't be disappointed!!! Over their PA system they teach you pick up lines in French! What more could you need? I was dying... so I text David and told him to check them out too)

Maybe someday we can visit the REAL Eiffel Tower together in Paris, but this will have to do for now...

The Arc De Triumph.. .Why aren't there 21 streets trying to attach themselves to this round-a-bout like in Paris?

After a great day on the Strip (we had more adventures, but too many to name) we headed back to our Hotel to get ready for the Valentine's Dinner David had set up. He told me the restaurant was around Planet Hollywood Hotel and the only restaurant I saw I was PF Chang's, and I was excited about that, but that wasn't where he was taking me. David took me to PAMPUS Brazilian Grill, and let me tell you it's out of this world!!!! Super yummy! It is located in the Miracle Mile Shops connected to Planet Hollywood Hotel.

Sunday we headed to church and found some ward in downtown Vegas. The Young Men of the ward spoke and it was really good. One of the Young Men talked about how he was struggling with the Gospel and how one of his leader gave him a scripture to read, and how he never gave up on him, and now he is preparing for a mission. It is amazing to see how each leader in the church are examples to our children and youth even though sometime they think we are dorks, we really are there to help lead and guide them. Changing topics now it was making me crazy though cause everyone had their kids there, and I was missing Lizzie so BAD! David and I just watched the little kids do such cute things, and we both looked at each other and smiled knowing how much we missed our girl.

Thanks Hunny for the AMAZING getaway!! You are always so thoughtful and loving and make me feel like a Queen! We hope you had a great Valentine's Day too!

2 comments:

Bekah Parker said...

Wow David is sporting the goatee? Nice...

Looks like you guys had a good time. How fun and I am sure it was nice just the 2 of us even though kids are fun. It's a nice break I am sure.

The Special Reds said...

What a fun weekend! Glad you were able to go!