So there are a couple stories that I really want to remember, and what not a perfect place to put them right?
Story #1: Last Sunday Lizzie was asked to bear (I think that is how it's spelled) her testimony in Primary for the 1st time. I have been waiting for this ever since she was born. I got a little teary watching her sitting with her class, and each time she would look back at David and I she would wave and blow kisses. Lizzie is shy, especially if she is around a lot of people she doesn't know well. So it was her turn, we had practiced all week, and it was finally time for her to go up. I grabbed her litter hand, and bent down to whisper in her ear what she should say. She clammed up, and wanted nothing to do with the mic. I told her I would give her a special treat if she would do it. Finally after a couple minutes of being silly she did it. I was so proud of her. My little girl is growing up so fast. I can't wait for the Primary kids to sing in Sacrament Meeting, I think I might actually loose it. I'm so excited for that moment.
Story #2: Sis. Dunlap called David last night and asked if he would bring a nice picture of Lizzie into her class, and give a short three minute talk about her. We didn't tell Lizzie that he was coming in to visit her class today, but David said it went well. He gave some quick facts about her (when she was born, some nicknames we have for her, etc.) When we got in the car to come home today, all she could talk about was her Daddy coming in and visiting her class, and how she held up a picture of Joseph Smith in Sharing Time.
Story #3: In Primary this month they are learning the song, "Scripture Power" Lizzie has been singing it all week long. She walks around the house singing it, or while we are out and about. I love that she is learning all the fun Primary songs, and is being such a good little missionary.
Story #4: So today David and I were having some "SPECIAL TIME" we both thought that each of us had locked our bedroom door, but neither one had. About 10 minutes in ever so quietly Lizzie sneaks in our room. She walks around to David's side of the bed. (David and I are enjoying ourselves and I have the feeling to look over at the slider in our room. Right as I look over Lizzie says, "BOO!!!" (I'm thinking holy crap now she is going to want to snuggle, and we have nothing to grab to cover ourselves.) David tells her to go back to her bed. She giggles as she runs out. *Lesson learned double check the lock on the bedroom door before having special time, how embarrassing!
Sunday, January 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
ha ha! Loved all the stories
Post a Comment