
So my friend Kera thinks I'm so domestic since I cook all the time and make different things. Well this morning before play group I whipped up some Freezer Jam. It is so simple, plus it is so Delicious!!! Once you have freezer jam you will NEVER buy jam or jelly at the store again!
Recipe:
3 pint size jars
2 cups crushed strawberries
4 cups of sugar (this is probably what makes it so good!)
1 box of Sure Jell Pectin (Int he yellow box)
3/4 cup of water
- Prepare fruit: Use a food processor or potato masher to mash the strawberries very finely. It will have bits of fruit in it.
- Measure 4 cups sugar and put in separate bowl
- Stir sugar and prepared fruit together. Mix well. Let stand for 10 minutes, stir occasionally
- Stir 1 box of pectin and 3/4 cups of water in small saucepan. Bring to a boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 min, Remove from heat.
- Stir pectin into mixture of fruit, stir constantly until sugar is completely dissolved and no longer grainy, about 3 mins.
- Pour into Jars, leaving 1/2 inch space at top for expansion during freezing, cover
- Let stand at room temp. for 24 hours until set. Then put in refrigerator or freezer. Will last in fridge up to 3 weeks, and freezer up to a year!!!
ENJOY!!!





7 comments:
Ew yum...I'm going to need to try this.
Cool--where's mine? I want to try some. You are the coolest domestic woman I know.
Yeah I need to make some of this. I love homemade jam.
Hey Katrina - I got your message about the bows and honestly I couldn't even tell you how I do it. It's just such a habit that I have my oven pre set and I don't even think about what I do. I started this as a side business to kinda "contribute" some money for my family. They probably have something about it online but I don't know where to look. If you'd like, you can give me the ribbon that you bought and for a discounted price, I'll make them for you.
Home made everything is better! Especially Jam!
Oh my goodness this freezer jam looks amazing! I am totally going to make it!! Oh and I am totally excited for craft night on saturday!!
Oh my goodness this freezer jam looks amazing! I am totally going to make it!! Oh and I am totally excited for craft night on saturday!!
Post a Comment