Friday, January 21, 2011

Playdate with Ella


So let's just start this off with saying that Ella is Lizzie's BESTEST friend. They get along so well, and just have so much fun together. I love having Ella come over since she is practically part of our family. She loves playing with the girls and she is so comfortable with us. The other day Ella came over to play for the day, and oh did the girls have a ball. First they went out into our backyard which they call the jungle, and started searching for treasure. Let me tell you.. I know it is January, but it is HOT! The girls thought it would be fun to wear snow hats outside while they dug for treasure. They were out there for an hour ,and by the time they came in to go to the park they were a sweaty mess, but did they care? NO! After the park they were even more a mess since they thought it would be fun to play in the dirt. I needed to go to the store to pick up a couple things for dinner. The girls were covered in dirt, and I knew everyone was going to think, "This mom doesn't know how to bathe her kids!" Did I care no? I needed to go to the store and I had three girls so in we went. The girls thought it would be fun to shred the Ad. After a while we had a worker following us around the store sweeping up their mess. I told the lady I was sorry for their mess, and she just stared at me like I was crazy, and to get out of the store so they would stop making messes that she would need to clean up. I finally get home throw the girls in the tub, let's just say by the end of the bath the water was brown and gross but they girls loved it. I quickly got them dressed and out the door we went again. The girls didn't get naps and I thought maybe they would fall asleep in the car. After a minute of driving, the girls were out. We arrive at Shauna's house and we woke everyone up. Ella usually has stage fright but she just came in ,and enjoy the night with all of us Parkers. She was a natural. She was sitting on Papa's lap and laughing and having a great time. She made a sheep, and we learned about Ammon. It was a great night. Then we took Ella home, but oh did we have fun.
Now let's forward this story to yesterday... Angie, Ella's Mom, needed to run errands. So I got to have Ella again. We started our adventure by going to the Library to return some books, and getting some new books. I told the girls that if they were good then they would get a gummy worm. It worked like a charm. The girls were perfect. They held hands and sat down at the table and each picked a story to read while I checked out the other books. To myself I thought this is toooooo easy. Then we headed to Payless to pick up my boots. I told the girls if they were good I would give them a gummy worm, still it worked like a charm. The girls checked out all the different shoes, and we were in and out fast. A lady asked if they were all mine, she said I was saint for doing errand with three kids. I laughed it off and got everyone back in the car for the last stop. Then I was already across town and I needed some stuff at the store. So we headed to Winco. The girls were champs again. They each picked out a fruit roll up, and we processed throughout Winco doing all of my shopping. I ran into a couple moms who's kids were really acting up and they kept pointing to my cart, and saying "look how good those kids are doing! Shape up! What is your secret?" I patted myself on the shoulder and explained GUMMY WORMS!!! We finished our shopping and I piled the kids back in the van. I decided that everytime I need to run errand or go shopping to bring Ella since my girls act so well.Then we headed to Ella's house to drop her off. She fell asleep and Angie carried her in. When she woke up she asked her Mom why I dropped her off at home, and that she wanted gummy worms for lunch.
Lizzie and I are going to miss our friends when they move across the country. What are we going to do with ourselves? I guess we will have to get Ella and Angie a camera for their computer so we can talk. Oh how we are going to miss them!!! At least we have a couple more months together!

1 comment:

The Lingo Family said...

Awwww. I feel like such a bad Mom for making Ella move so far away from her favorite friend. Thanks so much for taking Ella for me. :)