Monday, October 13, 2008

MARRIED FOR 2 YEARS...

We met at: Chelsea Green's (Stewart) parents house in Corona on our way to the New Year's Eve Dance down in Long Beach
Our First Date: Valentine's Day 2004 ( we had a night out on the town) Soup and salad: TGI Fridays, Main dish: Panda Express-Orange Chicken, Dessert: In-n-Out Shakes played in David's hot tub, and watched a movie over at Ryan Nichols house, and I spent the night at David's House (1st date=sleepover)

David left for his mission to Cherry Hill New Jersey January 2004 after hundreds of letters later he FINALLY returned February 2006

We got engaged: On the beach in Oceanside, CA out on the jetty. David took me down to the beach and we walked up and down the beach talking about life and during sunset he walked me out onto the jetty and asked me to be his wife.




We got married: The Redlands Temple on October 13, 2006 we spent our first night together at the Mission Inn in a beautiful suite, and then we had our reception on October 14th in the Asbury's backyard overlooking the Redlands temple.
5 months after being married: We got pregnant with Lizzie our pride and joy. She was born on November 28th, 2007, and she is turning 1 next month.





So two years ago today we were married in the Redlands temple... I can't believe how fast time flies by when you get married to your best friend. These 2 years have been amazing and I'm so thankful for such a thoughtful and patient husband. Heavenly Father really knew the kind of man I needed in my life.. and blesses me each and everyday with DAVID! After seeing him on New Year's Eve in 2002 I knew I wanted to date him, and shortly after we starting dating I knew he was the one for me! After sending him off to New Jersey for two LONG years and a whole lot of letters later he came home, we starting dating and then on Friday, October 13th 2006 we got married in the Redland Temple for all time and eternity. He knows me better than anyone else, and even though he says he can't read my mind I will love him forever.






For our anniversary this year we went to our favorite restaurant in Riverside Ooka.. It was so yummy. If you haven't been there I totally suggest you try it. We always share the meal for two: steak, chicken, and shrimp veggies, fried rice, and noodles :) my mouth is watering since I'm visualizing it... Then we went to see Nick and Norah's Infinite Play list. It was a funny movie :) Thanks Brandon for telling us about it. We had a great night.. Thanks Oma and Papa for watching Lizzie so we could spend some time alone with each other. Tonight we are going to BBQ some steak and watch our wedding video and reminisce our life together...

11 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats and Happy Anniversary. I've never seen pics of your wedding day- I really love David's suit and your flowers are so cool! You looked beautiful!

Mike & Brenda & Family said...

Congrats you two love birds! Yes it does go fast, but it is always worth it.

nicole said...

OH how sweet! Happy Anniversary!

Chelsea F. said...

Congratulations!! You guys had your first date on the day Dust and I decided to get married...ahhh!

Chelsea F. said...

Oh...I also found out we have a certain Etta Arch in common. We became friends at SVU.

Anne Marie said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like the best 2 years ever!

Bekah Parker said...

Yay Happy Anniversary! I love both of you guys so much! I can't believe it has already been 2 years either. Wow time flies. But thanks for always being so great and so supportive. You two make quite the team by the way. Two peas in a pod.

Marla said...

Yeah, 2 years! You two are so cute! Oh and thanks for mentioning Ooka, also my favorite restaurant, mmmm...Lobster Dynamite, let me wipe the drowl off my chin!

etta said...

happy 2 years! i love the recap!

The ShuFamily said...

how fun to see your wedding and old pics! you're hair was sooo lon on the negagement photo! thanks for sharing...

Unknown said...

Hi Katrina!! I knew you got married but I didn't know you had a baby! Congratulations to you two. Your daughter is beautiful!!